Site / Forum Updates

Eric's Blog type thing
eblade
Site Admin

Site / Forum Updates

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 am

Whenever any changes to the forum or other sites hosted here are updated, I'll log them here.

eblade
Site Admin

Re: Site / Forum Updates

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:49 am

OK, so, first off, I've added mChat at the bottom of the site, which you can use as a chat room, or just to monitor when new posts are written.

And then I set the default style to this weird but kinda cool looking old Ubuntu style theme. I'm not real happy with it, but it's certainly better than the generic theme. I have absolutely no idea when I might get around to being able to customize the board's themes, so I just installed a bunch of freely available ones. If you don't like this style, you can change which one you use in the User Control Panel (click your username over on the right hand side, and select User Control Panel)

As I create various subforums in this, I'd like to get different themes setup for each major topic, but I have no idea if that is built into phpbb or not.

I also need to figure out how to disallow people from posting new topics, but allowing them to reply in the existing ones, for this specific forum... as is, it's forcing me to go through the approval process for all posts, including mine, and replies. :-S

eblade
Site Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:41 am

Well, I added Dragosvr92 as an administrator, since he's a PHPbb wizard, compared to myself, and hopefully he may have fixed this permissions problem? Let's see.

eblade
Site Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:58 am

Testing Youtube automatic embed. Just post a link to any of dozens of video sites, and it should auto embed if it knows how.

eblade
Site Admin

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:14 am

SpoilerShow
Guess what I did?
SpoilerShow
I added a spoiler bbcode

eblade
Site Admin

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:47 am

OK, So, file uploads should work now.

eblade
Site Admin

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:04 am

All new user registration is closed down. PHPBB can't deal with their spam problem, and I don't have the time or brain capacity to deal with fixing it for them. PHPBB spam is such a huge problem, that I even get spam searches on web addresses that I've never made public -- servers complaining about PHPBB spam requests coming in, and they are literally the only traffic the servers have ever dealt with from the public Internet. It's insane.